Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Finish of 2013

First off, Happy New Year to all of you. I would like to say I vow to blog more this year but then, I think I always say that and until I get organized, I just would be fibbing. However, I do plan to try harder to blog about what's been happening with me.

For now, here's my first finish of 2013. This quilt is a twin size for my niece, Al, and she chose the Hearts Abloom pattern out of the McCalls QuickQuilts Magazine. However, she asked for turquoise instead of pink. After making it, I think I like the turquoise better.

I chose the black & white fabrics and a turquoise print with a little sparkly.  She was big into gymnastics and is all girly-girl so I figured it would work.  She likes it so I guess it was a good gamble.

A lot of applique.
Four blocks together.
Layout tested.
Rolled onto the frame for quilting.
Wavy line quilting and a bit of binding.

Then a shot of the completed quilt.  Yay!

Cheers!
Beck

13 comments:

Myra said...

Its a wonderful quilt for your niece!! Nicely done! Looks great, and thanks for sharing the link for the free pattern!!

Ana's World said...

That is a stunning quilt! Great job!

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Regina said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Melanie said...

Beautiful quilt!

krisgray said...

Lovely - the turquoise is great!

Jocelyn said...

Wow, it's gorgeous!

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Beautiful and I love that quilting! Did you ever post a pic of your (long)arm? Ill go look...

Kendra from missknittas studio said...

This is amazing :) Well done!!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What gorgeous colours! And fabulous applique - that's MY kinda quilt appliquing :)

Unknown said...

It is BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful job :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

I love this quilt so much; it is fabulous! And so much nice in the turquoise.

Martine Kuciel said...

quelle réussite j'adore votre choix de tissus